Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Boring Boys, Beer, and My Beloved Rom Coms...

Male behavior has become almost comical. It's unoriginal. It's predictable...and it's booooorrringgg. I am literally bored to tears by it. I don't have time to be bored. THANK GOD.

That's the secret to being single AND happy. You have to become a workaholic. I told my poor friend this tonight and she confessed that the trouble with her guy started when she took some time off from work... "Idle hands are the devil's playground." It's absolutely true. I've gotten into way too many Melrose Place type scenarios in the past nine years...all because I wasn't busy enough. Well, I have decided to remove my thumb from my butt. Admittedly, it's not the sexiest move.

I used to think I'd never be jaded. I actually don't think I'm that jaded now, which is surprising. I think it's because my memory is so god awful. No kidding. Part of the reason I write about my life is so I can remember. If i didn't write it, it'd be as if it never happened. Perhaps this is why I returned to my ex after he dumped me five times. Ohhh I like that reasoning! That means I'm not actually crazy, just forgetful! Um...yeaaaahhhhh.

I'll tell you what makes women crazy. We have seen WAY to many romantic comedies with happy endings. I'm not going to stop watching them either. I don't care how sick that makes me. I LOVE THEM. I love them more than ANY man. Even when I had a man, I loved them more. I will be on my death bed watching all of them...a marathon of romantic comedies. My friends and family will be welcomed to join me. Or, as my dad always says, "I want to go in the middle of sipping an ice cold, frosty, glass of beer...that's it...just drop dead on the spot, mid sip."

When Harry Met Sally...



Reality Bites...




Overboard...



Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind (you have to be strong to watch this one)...



Annie Hall...



Say Anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment